Wisconsin's 63rd Annual Stamp Show of the Wisconsin Federation of Stamp Clubs
Hosted by the Central Wisconsin Stamp Club
at The University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, Stevens Point WI
April 30 - May 1, 1994
EXHIBITION PROSPECTUS RULES, REGULATIONS, INFORMATION
1. An Exhibitor must be a member in good standing of the Wisconsin Federation of Stamp Clubs. Any Wisconsin Junior, 18 or under, is eligible to exhibit.
2. All material exhibited must be the property of the exhibitor and must be authentic or otherwise identified.
3. Entries must be made on the official entry form. Where more than one exhibit is entered, each should be on a separate form. All forms, accompanied by entry fees, should be received no later than March 31, 1994, by the Exhibit Chairman.
4. Exhibit spaces will be reserved on a "first come, first served" basis. Should exhibit space be exhausted, late entries and fees will be returned immediately. The Exhibition Committee reserves the right to accept or reject entries for any reason.
5. In the Champion of Champion Class, the exhibit can be from 2 to 10 frames. In the Open Class, the exhibit can be from 1 to 8 frames. In the Junior Class, the exhibit can be from 1 to 2 frames.
6. All exhibits must be mounted on 8 1R" by 11" pages. Sheet protectors are required. Pages should be numbered consecutively on the reverse side for mounting purposes.
7. The frames hold 9 pages, 3 across and 3 down. The charge is $3.00 per frame. The charge for Junior exhibitors is $1.00 per frame.
8. All exhibits to be mounted by the Exhibition Chairman must be in the hands of the Exhibit Chairman no later than April 12, 1994. Exhibits are to be mailed to the Chairman at the above address.
9 All exhibits not mailed that will be mounted by the owner or a representative should be brought directly to the Show Site between the hours of 8:00-10:00 AM on the date of the Show.
10. No exhibit or any part thereof may be removed from the exhibit area prior to the close of the Exhibition at 4:00 PM, May 1, 1994. Exhibitors must sign a receipt at time of exhibit pick-up.
11. Exhibit owners must provide their own insurance.
12. No liability shall attach to the Wisconsin Federation of Stamp Clubs. This includes the Central Wisconsin Stamp Club, the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, or any members, committees, appointees and employees for any loss or damage to material submitted for exhibit for any cause or reason whatsoever.
13. Exhibits will be returned via the USPS (at the Exhibitor's declared valuation) at the Exhibitor's expense and risk unless other arrangements are made.
14. A panel of accredited WFSC judges will act as jury. The decision of the jury will be final and the jury will have full power to withhold an award when, in its opinion, good reasons exist which makes it desirable to do so.
15. Exhibition judging and awards will comply with the Rules for annual Exhibitions as provided by the WFSC Standing Committee on Exhibitions.
Exhibition Classifications - (Only for arrangement of exhibits )
Division 1 Open Competition
Group A United States Group E Postal Stationary
Group B Countries of the World Group F Topical - thematic
Group C Revenues Group G First Day Covers
Group D Postal History Group H Special Studies, i.e.: Precancels
The winner of Best of Show at WISCOPEX'94 will not be able to enter the same exhibit in following WISCOPEX Open competitions for 5 years unless there is a minimum of 20% change, defined as reworking, additional material, philatelic knowledge and research attested to by the Exhibitor.
Division II Junior Competition
Exhibits entered by Junior collectors ( age 18 or under) are not in competition with adult exhibits. Adult rules apply to Junior exhibitors, except WFSC membership.
Division III Champion of Champions
The exhibitor who received the Best of Show award at a local annual show of a Federation Club is entitled to exhibit in the Champion of Champions division at the following WISCOPEX annual Convention/Exhibition. In the case of an open show held by the WFSC or one of its member clubs, the exhibit receiving the highest award by a WFSC club member will also be eligible for Champion of Champions competition. There must be two exhibits for a Champion of Champions category. If only one, the entry will be eligible the following year. The winner of the Champion of Champions competition may not compete with the exhibit in Wisconsin for 5 years except for national shows such as MII.COPEX.
In the Open Competition, awards will be Best of Show, and gold, silver and bronze on an unlimited basis.
Junior awards will also be gold, silver and bronze on an unlimited basis.
All Champion of Champion exhibits will receive a gold award with one CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS Award.
Special awards donated by various philatelic organizations or individuals will be made. The wording of these Special Awards by the judges will be governed by the rules specified by the donors. Announcement of awards will take place at the awards banquets held at Michele's on April 30, 1994. To help the Jury on exhibit judging, each Exhibitor must submit a copy of the Title Page and Plan page (if applicable) upon notice of acceptance. It would be worthwhile to include an Exhibit Synopsis to alert the judges about "key items".
YOUR WFSC LOGO BUTTON
Wear your button to the show and receive a gift, compliments of the WFSC.
CLUB PUBLICITY FLIERS
Bring your club publicity fliers (club meeting info, show fliers, etc.) Place them on the WFSC table for distribution to all show visitors.
DELEGATES AND ALTERNATES EXPENSES
Be advised that the WFSC is classified as an IRC 501(c)(3) organization, thereby making your out-of-pocket expenses to attend the Annual Business Meeting deductible on your IRS income tax returns.
LODGING ACCOMMODATIONS AND BANQUET RESERVATIONS
See your March issue of ATFP for maps, motel listings and awards banquet ticket reservation form.
WISCOPEX '94 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Saturday, April 30
10:00 a.m. - show opens at University Center, U.W.-Stevens Point
11:00 a.m. - Wisconsin Chapter, JPA meeting
12:45 p.m. - check-in for Annual Business Meeting
1:00 p.m. - WFSC Annual Business Meeting
3:00 p.m. - WFSC Regional VP Meeting
6:00 p.m. - show closes for the day
6:00 p.m. - social hour at Michele's, 513 Division St., Stevens Point
7:00 p.m. - awards banquet at Michele's
immediately following banquet - Footloose Philatelists meeting
Sunday, May 1
10:00 a.m. - show opens
10:00 a.m. - Wisconsin Postal History Society meeting
1:00 p.m. - Wisconsin Blue and Gray Society meeting
4:00 p.m. - show closes
WISCOPEX '94 Exhibit Awards
Champion of Champions
1994 Champion of Champions plus Gold - Used Plate Number Coils, by Ron Hayes
Gold - The Soviet Union in Space, by Daniel G. Hammell
Best of Show plus Gold - The Grand Tour-Churches in Middle Europe, by Verna Shackleton
Silver, plus BIA Medal and Certificate - Confederate States of America, by Gary Zink
Silver, plus Wisconsin Postal History Society Award - Baraboo Postal History, by Ken Grant
Footloose Filatelists Grand Award plus Gold, plus JPA Blue Ribbon, plus H.E. Harris Award - On Wisconsin!, by David Updike
Silver, plus Footloose Filatelists Re-serve Grand Award - Cetacea, by Amy Galaszewski
Silver - Orchids of Singapore, by Paul Braun
Silver - Hitting it Home, by Paul Galaszewski
Latest update: June 14, 2005