WISCOPEX '93 Prospectus Now Ready
The exhibitor’s prospectus for WISCOPEX '93 is now available and may be obtained from exhibit chairman, Fred Ziemann, T2426 Cth WW, Wausau, WI 54401. This is the 62nd annual stamp show of the Wisconsin Federation of Stamp Clubs and will be hosted by the Wisconsin Valley Philatelic Society on April 24-25,1993 at Howard Johnson’s, Wausau, WI. The deadline for entries is March 15, 1993.
All exhibitors must be members of a Federation club except juniors 18 and under who are required only to be a Wisconsin resident. In addition. To the open & junior classes, a Wisconsin champion of champions will be chosen from the best of show entries from the 34 federation clubs.
Wisconsin's 62nd Annual Stamp Show
Wisconsin Federation of Stamp Clubs
Hosted by the Wisconsin Valley Philatelic Society
Howard Johnson's, Wausau, WI April 24-25, 1993
RULES, REGULATIONS, INFORMATION
1. An Exhibitor must be a member in good standing of the Wisconsin Federation of Stamp Clubs. Any Wisconsin Junior, 18 or under, (inclusive & exclusive of WFSC membership) is encouraged and eligible to exhibit.
2. All material exhibited must be the property of the exhibitor and must be authentic or otherwise identified.
3. Entries must be made on the official entry form. Where more than one exhibit is entered, each should be on a separate form. All forms accompanied by entry fees should be received no later than March 15, 1993 by the Exhibit Chairman, Fred Ziemann, T2426 CTH WW, Wausau, WI 54401. With questions, he may be reached at 715-675-6940.
4. Exhibit spaces will be reserved on a "first come, first served" basis. Should exhibit space be exhausted, late entries and fees will be returned immediately. The Exhibition Committee reserves the right to accept or reject entries for any reason.
5. In the Champion of Champions Class, the minimum number of frames is 2 and the maximum is 10 frames.
In the Open Class, the minimum number of frames is 1 and the maximum is 8 frames.
In the Junior Class, the minimum number of pages is 8 and the maximum is 36 pages (4 frames).
6. All exhibits must be mounted on 8 ½" x 11" pages. Sheet protectors are required. For mounting purposes, pages should be numbered consecutively on the reverse side.
7. The frames hold 9 pages, 3 across & 3 down. The cost per frame is"$3.00. The is no charge for Junior frames.
8. A11 exhibits to be mounted by the Exhibition Committee must be in the hands of the Exhibit Chairman no later than April 12, 1993. Exhibits are to be mailed to the Chairman at the above address.
9. All exhibits not mailed that will be mounted by the owner or his/her representative should be brought directly to the Shaw Site between the hours of 8am & l0arn on April 24, 1993.
10. No exhibit or any part thereof may be removed from the exhibit area prior to the close of the Exhibition at 4pm, April 25, 1993.
11. Each exhibitor must provide his/her own private insurance during transit to & from the Exhibition and while at the Exhibition.
12. No liability shall attach to the Wisconsin Federation of Stamp Clubs. This includes the Wisconsin Valley Philatelic Society, Howard Johnson's or any members; committees, appointees and employees for any loss or damage to material submitted for exhibit for any cause or reason whatsoever.
13. Exhibits will be returned via the U.S.P.S. (at the Exhibitor's declared valuation) at the Exhibitor's expense & risk unless other arrangements are made.
14. A panel of accredited WFSC judges will act as jury. The decision of the jury will be final and the jury shall have full power to withhold an award when in its opinion good reasons exist which makes it desirable to do so.
15. Exhibition judging and awards will comply with the Rules for Annual Exhibitions as provided by the WFSC Standing Committee on Exhibitions.
Exhibition Classifications - (Only for arrangement of exhibits)
Division I Open Competition
Group A United States
" B Countries of the World
" C United Nations
" D Postal History
" E Postal Stationery
" F Topicals – Thematic
" G First Day Covers
" H Special Studies
The winner of Best of Show at WISCOPEX '93 will not be able to enter the same exhibit in following WISCOPEX Open competitions for 5 years unless there is a minimum of 20% change, defined as reworking, additional material, philatelic knowledge & research attested to by the Exhibitor.
Division II Junior Competition
Exhibits entered by Junior collectors (age 18 or under) are not in competition with adult exhibits. The same rules other than classification and WFSC membership exemption apply to Junior exhibitors as well as adult exhibitors.
Division III CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
The exhibitor who received the Best of Show award at a local annual show of a Federation Club is entitled to exhibit in the Champion of Champions division at the following WISCOPEX annual Convention/Exhibition.
In the case of an open show held by the WFSC or one of its member clubs, the exhibit receiving the highest award by a WFSC club member will also be eligible for Champion of Champion competition.
There must be 2 exhibits to be eligible for a Champion of Champions category. If only one, the entry will be eligible the following year.
The winner of the Champion of Champions competition may not compete with the exhibit in Wisconsin for 5 years except for national shows such as Milcopex.
In the Open competition awards will be Best of Show and gold, silver & bronze on an unlimited basis.
Junior awards will also be gold, silver & bronze on an unlimited basis.
All Champion of Champion exhibits will receive a gold award with one CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS Award.
Special awards donated by various philatelic organizations or individuals will be made. The awarding of these Specials by the judges will be governed by the rules specified by the donors.
Announcement of awards will take place at the awards banquet held at Howard Johnson's on April 25, 1993.
New in '93 for WISCOPEX
To help the Jury in advance for exhibit judging, each Exhibitor will be asked to submit a copy of his/her Title Page & Plan Page (if applicable) upon notification of acceptance. In addition, and this is optional, it would be worth-while to include an Exhibit Synopsis because this not over one page explanation will enable the exhibitor to alert the judges about "key items," show-pieces and unusual material. The Synopsis allows a bit of "bragging" without penalty and is not part of the Exhibit.
WISCOPEX '93 CHECKLIST
YOUR, LOGO BUTTON –
Wear it to WISCOPEX '93 and you'll receive a valuable gift, compliments of the Wisconsin Federation of Stamp Clubs.
YOUR CLUB PUBLICITY FLIERS –
Bring them for distribution at the Wisconsin Federation of Stamp Clubs table (club meeting info, show fliers, etc.)
DELEGATES AND ALTERNATES –
Be advised the Wisconsin Federation of Stamp Clubs is classified as an IRC 501(c)(3) organization, thereby making your out-of-pocket expenses to attend the Annual Business Meeting deductible on your IRS income tax returns.
LODGING ACCOMMODATIONS –
Make them now because April 9 is the deadline for taking advantage of special show rates at Howard Johnson's (see your March issue of Across the Fence for details).
WISCOPEX '93 RETROSPECT
Thank you! - Wisconsin Valley Philatelic Society for a great show. Special recognition to show organizers Ron Fritz and Ken Peters (co-Show Chrmn.), Fred Ziemann (Exhibits Chrmn.), Jim John-son (Bourse Chrmn.), Wilmer Kendall (Banquet and Facilities), Wm. Grosnick Sr. (Publicity), Linda Schultz, and Marilyn Grunenwald. Thank you also for donating a set of your unique and attractive show covers to the WFSC historical files.
Thank You! - Renee's Stamps for your donation of a door prize, the WFSC was proud to award to the lucky winner.
Thank You! - Exhibit judges Frank Moertl (Jury Chrmn.), James Maher, and Chris Northwood.
Thank You! - Delegates of the 23 WFSC member clubs represented at the 62nd annual convention. Members of the WFSC Executive Board always appreciate your input. Minutes of the Annual Business Meeting are published elsewhere in this issue of Across the Fence.
Congratulations to -
Ray Atchison (Fond du Lac Stamp Club)
Robert J. Mather (Waukesha County Philatelic Society
Roy Northwood (Central Wisconsin Stamp Club)
for your induction into the Wisconsin Philatelic Hall of Fame, Class of 1993.
Champion of Champions
***1993 Champion of Champions*** plus Gold - Language-The Connecting Link Between Peoples, by Fred Ziemann
Gold, plus People's Choice Award - Wisconsin in the Civil War, by Roger Oswald
Gold - Philatelic Terms Illustrated, by Claude Giralte
***Best of Show*** plus Gold, plus PNC Collectors Club Presidential Certificate of Achievement - Used U.S. Plate Number Coils, by Ron Hayes
Silver, plus BIA Medal, plus AAPE Award of Honor - Deuces Are Wild, by Karen Weigt
Silver, plus Wisconsin Postal History Society Award - Postal History of Marathon County, by Wm. Grosnick Sr.
Bronze - Smokey Bear, by Jacqueline Wagner
***Footloose Filatelists Grand Award*** plus Gold, plus JPA Blue Ribbon, plus H.E. Harris Award - United States Transportation Coil Series, by David Updike
Gold, plus Footloose Filatelists Reserve Grand Award - Railroads on Stamps, by Paul Galaszewski
Gold, plus ATA Award - A Study of the Butterfly, by Amy Galaszewski
Gold, plus First Day Cover Collectors of Wisconsin Award - Wildlife of Wisconsin, by Jeff Schaffer
Silver, plus AAPE Award of Honor - Castles and Other Dreams, by Jennifer Smith
Silver - Washington D.C., by Scott Weir
Silver - Who's the Best, by Amy Galaszewski
Silver - Ocean Life, by Susan Smith
Bronze - Air Travel, by Jonathon Weir
Bronze - Famous American Aviators, by Travis Moody
Bronze - Birds, by Katie Weir
Bronze - Flowers, by Jenny Weir
Bronze - Wild Cats, by Alexis Gill
Bronze - Space: The Final Frontier, by Alexis Gill
Latest update: June 14, 2005