April 27 and April 28, 1991
Saturday -10:00 am to 6:00 pm • Sunday -10:00 am to 4:00 pm
SHEBOYGAN AUDITORIUM (ARMORY)
Broughton Drive and Pennsylvania Avenue
5 blocks east of downtown -on the lakefront
WFSC PROSPECTUS 1991
1. Exhibitors must be members in good standing of the WFSC, Including Junior exhibitors, who met be sponsored by a parent or a guardian.
2. All material exhibited must be the property of the exhibitor and must be authentic.
3. All exhibits must be mounted on 8 1/2 z 11" pages. Use of sheet protectors is required.
4. Entries must be made on the official entry form. Where more than one exhibit is entered, each should be entered on a separate form. All forms accompanied by entry fees should be received by:
Sheboygan Stamp Club
P.O. Box 907
Sheboygan, WI 53082-0907
No later than - March 1, 1991.
5. In case exhibit space in exhausted, late entries will be returned immediately. The Exhibition Committee reserves the right to accept or reject entries for any reason or to limit the number of frames if necessary. Frames will hold 4 to 6 pages and cost $ .20 per page.
6. All exhibits to be mounted by the Exhibition Committee must be in the hands of the Entries Chairman no later than April 19, 1991. Exhibits are to be mailed to:
Sheboygan Stamp Club
P.O. Box 907
Sheboygan, WI 53082-0907
7. All exhibits not mailed and that will be mounted by the owner must be brought directly to Sheboygan Auditorium (Armory) on Friday, April 26, 1991 between the hours of 6 to a P.M.
8. No exhibit or any part thereof may be removed from the exhibit area prior to the close of the exhibition, Sunday, April 26 - 4 P.M.
9. Exhibits will be received and hold at the risk of the owner and exhibitors are encouraged to provide their own insurance. All precautions will be taken while your material Is in our possession, but at no time shall liability be placed on the Wisconsin Federation of Stamp Clubs, Sheboygan Stamp Club, Sheboygan Auditorium (Armory), or any of their officers, members, committees, employees, or their designated agents.
10. Exhibition judging and awards will comply with the Rules for Annual Exhibitions as provided by the WFSC standing Committee on Exhibitions.
11. All entries will be returned as soon as possible after the close of the Exhibition to those requesting return by mail. Exhibitors should designate instructions for return of their exhibits and enclose additional remittance to cover postage charges.
12. Announcement of awards will take place at the Awards Banquet at City Streets Restaurant, Riverside, Saturday April 27, 1991 after a 7:00 P.M. dinner.
EXHIBITIONS CLASSIFICATIONS (good only for arrangement of Exhibits)
DIVISION I. Open Competition
Group A. United States & Possessions including Confederate States
Group B. Countries of the World
Group C. United Nations
Group D. Postal History
Group E. Postal Stationery
Group F. Topical Themes
Group G First Day Covers
DIVISION II. Junior Competition
Exhibits that are entered by Junior collectors (age 18 and under) are not in completion with adult. exhibits. The same rules, other than classification, apply to junior exhibits as well adult exhibitors, except juniors may limit their exhibit to 4 pages or any multiple thereof.
DIVISION III. Champion of Champions
The exhibitor who won the "Best of Show" at his local annual show is entitled to enter his exhibit In the Champion of Champions division at the State Show. There must be two exhibits to be eligible for a Champion of Champions category; otherwise the Best of Show entry will be eligible to enter the next year.
Whoever wins the "Champion of Champions" award may not compete with the same exhibit for five years.
Each local club usually sends their members "Best of Show" exhibit and pays their entry fee.
AWARDS will be on an open basis and will be as follows:
GRAND (Best In Show)
1st, 2nd, and 3rd awards as necessary.
APS, ATA, AAPE, JPA, First Day Corer Collectors of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Postal History Society, Wisconsin Blue and Gray Society and other special awards also may be awarded.
WISCOPEX ' 91
The Sheboygan Stamp Club invites you to attend WISCOPEX '91, the 60th Annual stamp show and convention of the Wisconsin Federation of Stamp Clubs. The show will be held at the Sheboygan Auditorium (Armory), Sheboygan, WI on April 27th and 28th, 1991. The hours on Saturday are from 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. and on Sunday from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
From Milwaukee or Green Bay, take I-43 to Highway 23 (exit 126), go east on Hwy. 23 (Kohler Memorial Drive) about 11 miles to the 3rd signal light (14th Street - at Pizza Hut), turn right 5 blocks to 1st signal light (Pennsylvania Ave. at top of hill), turn left and go through downtown to the lake. The Armory is across the street from the Coast Guard Station & the Yacht Club.
FREE PARKING ON ALL 4 SIDES OF THE ARMORY
FREE GIFT TO WFSC BUTTON WEARERS
200 frames of material will be exhibited from Wisconsin adult and junior collectors. Twenty-five dealers will have 41 tables of philatelic material for you to browse through to find your missing items. A USPS Postal Station will be on hand with the latest issues.
Junior collector activities and displays will be on the stage at the far end of the Armory just past the adult exhibits. There will be a JPA meeting in room #2 on Saturday morning. Free packets of stamps for all junior collectors attending the show will be available at the Sheboygan Stamp Club registration table at the entrance to the show. MaryAnn Bowman is planning the Jr. activities.
The show cancellations as well as the cachets for both WISCOPEX '91 and SHEPEX '91 salute 60 years of stamp collecting. Cancellations for both dates of the show will be available.
Meetings scheduled-on Saturday are: COROS 10:30 - 12:30, JPA 10:30 - 12:00, 1st Day Cover Collectors of Wis. 11:00 - 12:00, WFSC Executive Board 12:00 - 1:00, WFSC Annual Meeting 1:00 -3:30, Amer. Assn. Philatelic Exhibitors seminar 3:00 -
4:00, WFSC Regional V.P, meeting and/or WFSC Committees 4:00 - 4:30, Wis. Xmas Seal Society 4:00 - 5:00. Wisconsin Postal History meeting is scheduled Sunday from 10:00 - 11:00. Footloose & Fancy Free will meet as usual following the banquet.
The banquet is 7:00 P.M. Saturday evening at City Streets Riverside on Riverfront Drive about 4 blocks from the Armory. Cost per person, including tax and gratuity, is $11.00 with a choice of tenderloin tips or chicken marsala.
Reservations may be made with the Sheboygan Stamp Club, P.O. Box 907, Sheboygan, WI 53082-0907. Please make checks payable to Sheboygan Stamp Club. We will appreciate reservations by April 20. Tickets will be available for pick up at the Sheboygan Stamp Club registration table.
WISCOPEX '91 AWARD WINNERS
A dual event, WISCOPEX '91, Wisconsin Federation of Stamp Clubs 60th Annual Convention, Stamp Show and Bourse in conjunction with SHEPEX '91 the 28th Annual Stamp Show of the Sheboygan Stamp Club was held on April 27-28 at the Sheboygan Auditorium, 3heboygan, Wisconsin, sponsored by the Sheboygan Stamp Club.
"CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS" award of 4 crystal bowls went to "King for a Day" The Life of Edward VIII on Postage Stamps. (Exhibitor: Mark Zimmer)
"BEST IN SHOW" was awarded to Ray Van Handel for his "Sheboygan County Postal History". This exhibit also won the Wisconsin Postal History Society Award, the American Philatelic Society certificate and is now eligible for future "Champion of Champions" entry.
Other winners and exhibitors are as follows:
GOLD: Ray Van Handel, "Charles D. Cole - Pioneer Sheboygan County Postmaster", also the American Association of Philatelic Exhibitors pin.
STLVER: William C. Finch Jr., "Prehistoric Creatures", also American Topical Association gold medal.
BRONZE: Robert Keppert, "RFD's of Sheboygan County".
MOST POPULAR: (Anonymous) "The Philatelic Story of the Great Milwaukee Circus Parades".
JUNIOR GOLD: Amy M. Galaszewski, "A Study of Butter-flies", also the Junior Philatelist of America certificate.
JUNIOR SILVER: Paul Galaszewski, "Railroads on Stamps".
JUNIOR BRONZE: Ellice Miller, "Sending Mail Around the World".
JUNIOR AAPE, JR. Pin: Sharon Davidson, "Horses Around the World". American Association of Philatelic Exhibitors Award.
JUNIOR COURT-OF-HONOR: Melissa Brooks, "Keyboards". This exhibit had won the American Youth - Exhibiting Championship Grand Award at FLOREX 1990.
A "Non-Competitive" exhibit of "Wisconsin on Stamps" was made by Robert J. Mather.
Latest update: June 14, 2005